Whimsy Wednesday ~ Happy Hanukkah

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas celebration or if you don't celebrate Christmas, that you will have a wonderful celebration when that happy day rolls around for you. I'm here to show you the card I made for my darling Jewish friend in celebration of Hanukkah. Whimsy Stamps has a wonderful set of stamps called Happy Hanukkah that used to be a clear set and is now available as a digital set, perfect for creating cards in celebration of Hanukkah. I'm not sure why I was drawn to creating another Sepia toned card, it must be something in the water! But this creation started off in colour with black ink, before I found this beautiful digital paper created by our lovely Tracy Wray called Shabby Woods and totally swooned! I just really wanted the sentiment to be softer on the lovely sepia toned paper, so I recoloured it in brown tones. Oh the joys of digital! I love how it turned out. 


I didn't want to add anything really to this card as the sweet simplicity of it, to me, was the charm, but I did want the candles to 'flicker' so I added some Wink of Stella, which shows up only in the right light, it's so very hard to capture on camera. But it's lovely in reality. Just a shimmer.


The Whimsy team has been working hard on our next new release, which will of course come out, in the New Year! Woohoo, can you believe how quickly that's racing towards us?! 2017 will soon be a memory, something for the scrapbook pages. If 2017 was a difficult year for you, I wish you peace and courage as you move into 2018. If it was a good year, may 2018 be also. Love and Christmas hugs to you all, whatever you celebrate. For a sentiment I found recently said how I feel about Christmas quite well... "LOVE, is what's in the room with you at Christmas, if you stop opening presents and listen". I think that's so beautiful and I hope that's what my children felt after all the unwrapping was done. They certainly had a very happy and wonderful day! 


Challenge Entries:


Comments

This is absolutely beautiful x
Sarah said…
A Fantastic card xx
What a lovely card Wends - elegant and yet joyfilled. We had a family filled Christmas, but tinged with sadness... as to be expected. There were many joy filled moments to savour though.
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Such a beautiful card Wends, so timeless and elegant. The image looks fabulous against that lovely background paper.
So pleased you had a happy family Christmas, for me, being with my family and seeing the joy and excitement on my granddaughters' beautiful faces is the best part!
Thank you so much for the lovely stamp and your fantastic card! I'll enjoy using that sweet stamp and I'll treasure the card...loved, loved that one as soon as I saw it and couldn't believe my eyes when I opened your parcel! It's even more gorgeous IRL!!!
Wishing you and your lovely family a wonderful, happy 2018!
hugs
xxx
Fikreta said…
its so nice card!
hugs
Tracy said…
I can see the flicker on those candles! Lovely effect and a wonderful card Wendy. Sending hugs and wishes for a happy new year!
Cara said…
A fabulous card and for a celebration that we rarely see in Cardmaking x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy