Sweet Stampin' ~ Sketch Challenge

Hey there my lovely blogging pals. It's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and as things get so busy towards Christmas and year end, we're making this a two week challenge. It's also a 'Sketch' challenge. I look forward to seeing how you would interpret it. I don't work with sketches much, okay, at all! So I took it quite literally. Not much interpretation at all, what you see, is what you get!! LOL. But I loved working with it and think I really ought to do it more!


This is the sketch that my card is based on and the one which will be our challenge sketch this week at Sweet Stampin'. You're free to interpret it as you wish, you can flip it, tip it on it's side, change shapes, but we must be able to see all the elements of the sketch in your creation. It was so fun to create from this sketch, so I hope you'll give it a go!


I've made this card for my gorgeous nephew, who is no longer the sweet golden haired boy that I coloured up here, but a strapping young man! I love this sweet Sugar Nellie image though, and thought it would be fun to take a lil' trip down memory lane on a day which celebrates and recognises how grown he now is. He's been traveling recently and doing some incredibly cool entrepreneurial business training, so I thought it would be fun to use the globe from Maja Design's gorgeous 'Denim' paper pad. The world really is his oyster now at 18. We are incredibly proud of the wonderful young man he's become. He's an inspiration to his younger cousins.


Here's a closer peek at the little elements that echo the sketch design. I struggled a bit with some of this, I couldn't figure out what to do for the button aspect, then I remembered the shirt I was wearing yesterday had gorgeous mother of pearl buttons on it and it was getting very threadbare in places! So I chopped up this favourite old shirt and used the buttons! Avid recycler me! LOL.


The '18' was cut with Marianne Design Number Dies and then edged with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edger in Dry Sand. I distressed all the paper layers with my scissors. I used a hessian circle as the mat beneath my globe rather than the scalloped circle in the sketch and I really love how that looks. The enamel accents, were on my craft desk from a previous make, so it was quick and easy to work those into the design and I like the deeper blue with the softer blues in the gorgeous Maja Design papers. I think it adds a bit of richness and depth.


Do head on over to the challenge blog to see what my teamies made of this sketch and I hope you'll find the time to come and join in with us. I'm super excited to see what others create with this fab sketch. I'll be back again tomorrow with my next Whimsy Stamps Release Week creation. So pop back in to check that out. See you then! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
4 Crafty Chicks: #379 ~ Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread: #55 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty By Designs: December ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #47 ~ Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenges: #128 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #71 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #355 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends Challenge: #56 ~ Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter: #320 ~ Add Three Types of Embellishment (Enamel Shapes, Buttons, Hessian)

Comments

Pat said…
Lovely card Wends, great image and fabulous colours;

Pat xx
Christine L said…
This is a fabulous card Wends.... LOVE your colouring as always.

Christine x
Chris said…
Cute image...beautifully coloured. Brilliant idea to use the globe behind the image, it works perfectly with the sketch. The hessian circle looks lovely and adds great texture and your shirt buttons are fab!
Have a great weekend
Chris
x
Cara said…
Fabulous card, I love how you used the globe as your circle x
Fikreta said…
Its very beautiful card!
Hugs
Margaret said…
Such a cute card. Your interpretation is spot on. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge. Good luck. Maggie, DT
Victoria Rowson said…
Fabulous card! Cute image and I love your interpretation of the sketch layout. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog!
Wishcraft said…
Ooh you've done a fab job with the sketch Wends... gorgeous card! Hugs, Lisa x
Mandy said…
Wonderful card Wendy! The image is adorable and and love the design.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx
Lori Turner said…
What an adorable card! Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our Anything Goes challenge! xoxoxo
Grietje said…
Gorgeous card. Love your input of the sketch. Thank you for sharing it with us at Creatalicious Challenges, hope to see you again next time.

xx Grietje
Grietje's Kaartenhoekje
Creatalicious Challenges DT
Rae Ann said…
The elements that you used for the sketch are so great. Love this color combo.

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy