Whimsy New Digital Release ~ Day 1 ~ Tomtenisse

Welcome to our New Release Week! Today is the first of the New Digital Releases and there are some really fun ones this month. One set in particular I have a huge soft spot for, as I have a 'thing' for Tomtenisse. It's all my Swedish besties fault! LOL. I totally fell in love with these wee characters when we first visited our pals over Christmas in Sweden. They were everywhere and they utterly stole my heart. So I have quite a lovely collection of Tomtenisse and have been spoilt with a couple of new ones the last two Christmas' from my pal. So you can imagine my joy, when I saw that Tracy had created a fabulous and fun stamp set with these sweet Tomtenisse!


As it's not Christmas and 'Tomtenisse are not just for Christmas' you know, I have gone for an earthy tone for this make. So I've used the most delish Kraft & Lace paper also created by our talented Tracy. The Swedish tales tell of little farm 'helpers' that care for the livestock and help the farmers. They're depicted often in earthy tones and greens. But of course, when Christmas rolls around, they are Santa's helpers too. A more modern take on their 'lore', but I do so love the Christmas Tomte, so I'll be sure to colour this up in Christmas colours too!


I've coloured this Tomte in neutral tones with my copic markers. I also used copics to add the blue sky background. He's just so cute! I need to colour him again in Christmas tones.

 

I used a really sweet die and stamp set from Whimsy that I've had for absolutely years! But it's still a fantastic little set and perfect for adding more customised greetings. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Desert Sand ink, which is a lighter brown, for a softer finish. I really do find I come back again and again to my Whimsy Stamps & Dies, they're just timeless designs.


I added a little additional pop of red with a sweet paper toadstool and two little red sweetheart cherry blossom blooms from Wild Orchid Crafts. I love that extra little splash of red on this card, just the splash of extra colour I think it needed. 


Head on over to the Whimsy Stamps Store to check out all the fabulous New Digital Releases and fill your boots! Instant download is such a satisfying thing! I love being able to craft as soon as it's downloaded. Check out the rest of the amazing creations that will be popping up on the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Facebook Page. 


The rest of the Digi Design Divas have been hard at work crafting inspiration for you. I'll be back again tomorrow with my second creation for the New Release. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo


Challenge Entries:


Extra Content: If you're curious what my Swedish Tomte look like, here's a few from my collection...

Two of my older Tomte with a pic of Georgie my daughter when she was younger

 The Tomte with the grey hat was a birthday present from my Swedish pal last year

My lovely Tomte that my bestie sent me this Christmas just gone 
(with a gorgeous Marianne Westman for Rörstrand tea towel)


Finally, three of my favourite Tomte. The little one with the fawn coloured hat was a gift from my Swedish bestie and the one with the stripy hat, I bought with her in Malmö. The one with the dark red felt hat my hubby bought for me at Copenhagen airport. He's lush and has a real sheep wool beard and wool felt hat. Not cheap, but worth every penny! I hope you enjoyed seeing my Tomte xoxo

Comments

Chris said…
Fabulous design, cute image and beautiful colouring. The colour scheme is lovely, the muted colours enlivened by the pops of red!
Your Tomte are gorgeous, I made a whole family of them a while ago...out of scraps and recycled junk...nowhere near as lush as yours but fun to create!
Chris
x
mixamatoasties said…
I love that. Must admit to having a soft spot for these wee guys too. Xx
Fikreta said…
Very beautiful card!
And love those gnome toys!
Hugs
Dawn T said…
Totally stunning card and love your collection of Tomte's. We brought two for our team leader Christmas before last. They were adorable and she loved them.
Gorgeous card, love the kraft and red
Sarah said…
A gorgeous card Wends , lovely colours and the toadstool is fabulous. I loved seeing your collection. They are adorable xx
Cara said…
Oh goodness, I need these stamps in my life! I have a Tomte sat on my mantelpiece as I type this! Like you I'm slightly addicted to them and still have forgiven my Mum for talking me out of buying a three foot high one a couple of years ago (I'm in my 40's for heavens sake, why did I listen to her!) your card is gorgeous and your little toadstool embelishment is just perfect x
Brawny x said…
Fabulous card x
what a gorgeous card Wends - and I do like your collection of Tomte's - thanks for sharing it
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy