Sweet Stampin' ~ For Dad's (or Special Men)

Wow, it's Saturday again already and we have an awesome challenge for you this week at Sweet Stampin'. We'd like to see all your makes for a 'Special Man', it could be a Father's Day card, birthday card for a special man in your life, you're free to interpret the theme as you wish. I'm sharing a card with you I made for a dear friends 40th birthday. Using a fabulous Mo Manning image called 'Dare'.


I kept this creation pretty simple, just layered up some paper, distressed the edges, added some ink to the edges of the sentiment and image and a cool Sizzix Weathered Clock die. Our pal was pretty chuffed with his 40th birthday card and who wouldn't be with that dapper dude on the front, so it was a win. I loved colouring this cool dude with my Promarkers, lots of shades of grey! It's almost monochrome!!


The sentiment came with Mo's wonderful image and our pals (who we met in London and now live in Edinburgh) love to travel, so I thought this was quite a fitting image and sentiment combo.


I hope you'll come and join us with your own make for that 'Special Man' whether it's a daddy, or another male figure you want to celebrate. We'd love to see what you're inspired to do. Just remember there must be some stamping either digital or rubber on your creation to qualify for the Top 3 honours.


I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, in the meantime, head over to the Sweet Stampin' challenge blog and check out what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to. There's plenty of inspiration there for you to drink in. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
4 Crafty Chicks: #353 ~ Birthday
Crafty Gals: #125 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs: June ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #22 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: June ~ Boys Will Be Boys
Mo's Facebook 'Dream Team' Challenge: #276 ~ Anything 'Mo' Goes!
Simon Says Monday Challenge: We're going around in circles (Clock die)
As You Like It: Favourite Reason To Make Cards. I LOVE making birthday cards, it's that one special day of the year, that's all about that one person, and I like to make my family and friends feel extra special on those days. So birthdays are my favourite. But I do love making Christmas cards too, so that's a close second! :)
Creative Inspirations: #276 ~ Your Favourite Things. I love it when I can pull off a 'masculine' creation, I don't find them easy, but I love to try. Even more than that, I love using Mo Manning images and I have far more in my stash than I've ever coloured up, as her designs are so detailed, I'm a little afraid of them! But I love, love, LOVE colouring one up well and using them on a card. I really need to do it more!

Update: I made the Top 3 at Colour Crazy Challenge! Thank you so much ladies, I was so delighted to see that, it's made my day!


Comments

kareN stampZ said…
He's a very cool dude, I hate masculine cards but you've rocked this one
Fikreta said…
wonderful card!
Sarah said…
A fantastic card Wendy. What a brilliant image, papers and verse xx
Chris said…
Loved this as soon as I saw it on the DT blog...amazing image and colouring and a fabulous L/O ...perfect sentiment too.
Chris
x
Pat said…
Great card with a super image Wends, lovely design and super sentiment.

Pat xx
Elaine Stark said…
A great male card. I love the image. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine
Rene said…
This is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene
Karen said…
My Sweet Wends, this is a fabulous masculine card... and oh how hard they can be! But you make it seem easy. :) The image is lovely, as is your beautiful layering. The clock die is one of my favorites and I love the sentiment choice! Everything you create is wonderful, my dear friend. Thinking of you and sending endless love your way!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Lorraine A said…
Fabulous card Wendy, the image is awesome and I love the papers and layout, a really gorgeous card! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x
Unknown said…
Fabolous masculine card! I love the clock you added!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp!
x Zoey
aussie aNNie said…
Great workout on the male card Wends, awesome.x [aNNie]
Jane Savage said…
Wonderful men's card! Very cool!
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane S (DT) xxx
Sue said…
This is a fabulous male card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J xx
Hi Wends...What a brilliant card...great male image and the your design...Joolsx
Leanne said…
Thanks for sharing your card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Lovely job!

Leanne DT/4CC
debby4000 said…
Love the image you've used, fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby
Wishcraft said…
Fab image and design Wends, love it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy