Fab 'n' Funky ~ Lovely Ladies

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. I have been caught up in school holiday mode, entertaining the kids, so crafting has taken a back seat. So much so, that I almost forgot (again) that I was due to post my new DT creation for Fab 'n' Funky today! But fortunately the grey matter still has a little fire in it and I remember last night, with time enough to pull a creation together today. Good thing the kids are back at school! LOL. I've some thinking/creating space! Our wonderful sponsor this week is Crafts & Me and I LOVE their images. So I was delighted to be working with this gorgeous image from their artist Morgan Fitzsimons for my creation. Perfect actually, as I just discovered one of our school mum's has her 40th birthday today, so if I work quickly, I'll be able to give it to her!


I've beavered away today colouring this stunning image by Morgan Fitzsimons called Sophie. I just love that wistful look on her face and that beautiful dress! I am imagining that this is guipure lace on a stunning evening gown, so I've coloured it up to look like it is sheer organza in a soft pink on the arms and lower back. Did you get that? Or does it just look like a tattoo?!! I was originally going to do it in pale blue, which would have conveyed this better, but then chose these delish Bello Pastello papers from Danish brand Riddersholm Designs and had to do it in Pink! So the sheer organza is only slightly pinker than the skin tone. So I wonder if my plan worked?


I'm just back from dropping this off to my neighbour. Her little girl goes to school with my Zac and they're great friends. So he walked with me to deliver the card and she was delighted, as it's actually her 40th birthday today, so this make was well timed. I chose to use a diecut of a viewfinder image disc and a couple of strips of photo negative diecuts too, as her hubby is a film maker, so I thought this would tie in nicely. It's also a reference to the years passed and memories made when one reaches the ripe old age of 40!!


I stamped a birthday wish onto a sweet tag and popped it into its matching vellum pocket, added a black organza ribbon and popped it behind the top right corner on the card. The pretty card shape is of course my newest Go Kreate die Frilly #7. I was so chuffed to get this for my birthday. I've wanted it for ages, but it's been out of stock whenever I've previously tried to buy it. So this was a lovely birthday treat and I'm really enjoying using it.


I've added some delish flowers to this card, which don't show up well in the photo as they're mostly black, but they're lush in reality! The large bloom with the pearly centre is a Flourish With A Bling flower and the felt roses and organza rose are from an Antipodean craft brand called Rosie's Studio. I tucked some pink resin roses in the mix to soften the black and a couple of strands of pearls to tie it all together. Simples!


What would a fortieth birthday card be without a reminder of that big number right?! So I added a sparkly silver 40 which I cut from silver glitter cardstock and popped a pretty butterfly in the bottom right corner to finish off the card. This was from the Etsy artisan Angelica I mentioned in one of my previous blogposts. Her store is called Angelica's Little Scrap Shop. These butterflies are handmade and just so pretty. One final shot of the card in a different light.


Our theme this week is 'Lovely Ladies' chosen by our own lovely lady ~ hostess Pat. I'm sure you'll agree this Crafts & Me image sure is lovely, so it was sweet to be able to give it to my school mama friend on such a special day for her. I hope you'll come and join us with your own 'Lovely Ladies' creation and I can't wait to see how you interpret the theme. I'll be back again soon with my next crafty adventure, in the meantime, head to the Fab 'n' Funky blog and check out what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to. Their creations are stunning! Big hugs, Wends xoxo




Challenge Entries:
The Paper Shelter: #292 ~ Flowers
Crafts & Me: May ~ Anything Goes
Pile It On: #129 ~ Interactive or Birthday
Lemon Shortbread: #40 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs: May ~ Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge: #154 ~ Anything Goes
Passion For Promakers: #393 ~ Make It Bloom
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon: Time To Celebrate (40th Birthday Celebration)
The Sisterhood of Crafters: The Letter B ~ Butterfly, Black, Blooms, Back, Beautiful

Update: I made the Top 5 at Passion For Promarkers and so did my lovely teamie Wendy. Congrats to you too hunny. Yay us!

Comments

Christine L said…
Stunning work Wendy.... beautiful colouring and I love the elements you used behind the image to embellish... the little film strip and the viewfinder die put us in mind of the great days of cinema.. perfectly vintage!

Christine x

Sarah said…
She is most definitely a lovely lady Wendy and your friend will be thrilled to get such a beautiful and personalised 40th card. Love the colouring and the sheer effect certainly worked well xx
aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful card Wendy, love the added beauties too which certainly adds more class to your elegant creation.xx
Fikreta said…
its so nice!
Mandy said…
Gorgeous card Wendy! It's so pretty and beautifully embellished.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx
Wendy said…
Stunning card Wends, love your beautifully coloured image and gorgeous design.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Beautiful shaped card and gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "The Letter B" challenge.
Dawn T said…
Stunning... what an elegant card Wendy.
Linda Mc Enery said…
What a stunning creation Wendy! So elegant. I love all your associations to aspects of your neighbour's life. Beautiful colour combo! Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Promarkers. Linda
Pat K said…
Gorgeous card Wends that is sure to be treasured by the new 40 year old. Hugs, Pat K x
N-Eva said…
Beautiful and very interesting card , lovely details and such a gorgeous image.
Stunning card Wends....love the pink and black together.....beautiful image and great shape.....Joolsx
Darlene said…
Beautiful creation Wendy! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘The Letter B’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Pat said…
Beautiful card Wends, love the design, the black makes a very dramatic statement and the image is gorgeous. I am sure your friend will love it.

Pat xx
M said…
Lovely card! Love the colouring Wends! :) Thanks for joining the girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon! :)
Cara said…
Glad you included a close up so we could see those yummy flowers. Fabulous card. Cara x
Vickie Y said…
Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.
Chris said…
Stunning card Wends, love how you've coloured this lovely lady and her elegant lacy gown, just gorgeous. Love the card design too... the black borders, die cuts and gorgeous flowers contrast so beautifully with the subtle shades used on the image and background providing a real 'wow' factor!
Chris
x
Cards By MI said…
A lovely looking card with stunning design. Love the black flowers! Smashing! Thanks for joining my "Make it bloom challenge" over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
Wow, gorgeous creation, love all the amazing layers. Thanks so much for playing in our Flowers challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT
coops said…
Stunning card Wendy.Really beautiful image and i love your fabulous design and colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy