Sweet Stampin' ~ Mellow Yellow

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. I'm back again. I know, so soon you say! Well, that was unintentional, had something to do with the fact that I utterly forgot to post my DT creation last Wednesday, so the two have come back to back. Today, I'm sharing my DT post for Sweet Stampin'. We have a lovely theme for you this week (which I may have had some influence over), we want to see your 'Mellow Yellow' makes. I've had such a lot of fun with yellow of late. So many of my recent makes (some yet to appear on my blog) have featured yellow in them. So we thought it would be fun to have a theme for those who also love creating with yellow. It doesn't have to be all yellow, it could be yellow flowers or pops of yellow as the feature. But if you want to go all out and make a totally yellow card, then please do! Here's what I got up to for this challenge.


I'm a diehard Sugar Nellie fan, so any excuse to pull out my lovely Sugar Nellie stamps has me doing a happy dance. I love this one called Hazel & Nutty. She's such a joy to colour and I had fun with a yellow and pink combo for this card. Sadly, the Wink of Stella on her wings doesn't show up at all well. It's too subtle for the lighting I took the pics in. But in reality has a pretty sheen on the wings.


Inspired by the lovely Kat's stitching on her cards, I had another go at stitching on this card. I chose a brown thread to work with the diecut lettering I chose. I had cut these Lil' Inkers words 'Seriously' and 'Awesome' previously for another make and not used them. So they were sitting on my craft desk and this card came together rather quickly with the bits I had sitting around. A simple doily behind Hazel & Nutty to create a 'spotlight' for their sweet encounter and then the addition of the diecut sentiment, some stitching and I was done.


I popped up the pretty yellow MME paper on foam to give the card a bit of dimension, but didn't want to add anything extra. I felt the pretty floral paper was 'flowers enough' so didn't add any extra embellishment. I'm so pleased with this sweet make and it will be winging it's way to a crafty pal very soon. 


Do head on over to the blog to see what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to this week. I know you'll leave inspired to create your own 'Mellow Yellow' creation. So do come join us for some lemony fun this week. I look forward to seeing what you do! Have a fabby weekend and I'll be back again soon with my next crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Gals Corner: #117 ~ 3+ Layers
Stamping Sensations: April ~ Anything Goes
A Gem Of A Challenge: #191 ~ Furry Friends
Colour Crazy Challenge: #14 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: #153 ~ Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge: April ~ Card Challenge
Crafty Creations Challenges: #338 ~ Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times: #42 ~ Into The Woods
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday! (Birthday card for a DT sis)
As You Like It: Favourite Card Base Shape ~ my favourite 'shaped' card base is the Go Kreate Frilly #10, but the card base shape I actually craft with the most often, is a square card base. I love the extra room the additional width gives to add embellishments and features, rather than the narrow traditional rectangular shape. I like to top fold the cards so that they stand nicely when propped up on a ledge. I love to change it up and try all sorts of different shapes and styles, but the square card base is most definitely my 'most used' card base.

Comments

Christine L said…
This is so pretty Wendy... one of my favourite Sugar Nellie images, and you've coloured her perfectly in that pale yellow. I love your use of the doily and the fab glitter on her wings..

Christine x
Elaine Stark said…
A beautiful card. A lovely image. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine
Unknown said…
Aww I love those fairies too bad this is a super gorgeous one! Love your pretty yellow card too! Gorgeous!
Lucy x
Oh how gorgeous Wends - love that pretty image and s beautifully coloured and mounted
Blessings
Maxine
Juls said…
Gorgeous, love the fab lemon yellow colour xx
My fave shape too and I love SN like you. Gorgeou card. With DT hat on thanks for playing at agoac x
Virginia L. said…
Dreamy and magical indeed! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!
Sarah said…
This is an absolute delight Wendy, she is adorable and your stitching is perfect. Lovely to see you at AYLI xx
Janice said…
I too love Sugar Nellie Wendy, so your card ticks all the boxes for me with the foxy forest friend! Thanks for playing at MAWTT, Jx
Pat said…
Such a pretty card Wends, the image is so cute and beautifully coloured.

Pat xx
Chris said…
It's beautiful Wends...love the theme too, yellow is such a 'happy colour'! The fairy is gorgeous, fantastic colouring and I love the sparkle! Lovely clean design, keeping the focus on the image...all this and real stitching too!

So pleased that your card arrived on time (such perfect planning on my part lol!!!)
Chris
xx
A gorgeous card and beautifully coloured too. i love how you have kept the soft yellow theme throughout.

Thanks for sharing at Colour Crazy.

Sharon x
Joan said…
Fab card, love the image especially her striped stockings !

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan
Judith said…
So pretty Wends and just a perfect shade of pale yellow - love it xx
Emma said…
Wow - what a lovely card! I think the image is adorable - those two look so cute together :) I love the backing paper and that you've stitching. "Simply awesome" card! (sorry - I couldn't help myself ;) ) Thanks for joining us at MAWTT, Emma (DT)
Judy V said…
Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!
Marlies said…
A beautiful card in lovely colours and I love the Sugar Nellie stamp. I love those stamps. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations. Marlies
This was a great theme Wends, wasn't it? It's got me using quite a bit of yellow now! A simply beautiful card hon, that image is super cute & love her glitter wings xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy