Fab 'n' Funky ~ Snowflakes

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. It's time for a new challenge at Fab 'n' Funky and it's our final challenge for the year! It's being hosted by our lovely Wendy, whose chosen the theme of 'Snowflakes' for todays challenge. So that's going to be a cinch with all the Christmas crafting we're all doing right now. I know I live in the Southern Hemisphere and ought to be doing Summer scenes on my Christmas cards, but I've always loved the Winter Christmas images.


I've had a day of feeling sorry for myself after eating too many crackers with cheese at my nephews birthday party last night. It was such yummy cheese, but my gallbladder had me up all night! Not keen on repeating that in a hurry. So I had a quiet day recuperating today. After lunch, I had a panicked feeling that in all our Christmas events madness I'd forgotten something, which was of course my DT card for todays challenge! So in rather a hurry, while I cooked the kiddos dinner (we had friends for dinner too) I inked up this sweet fairy from Bugaboo and whipped up a super CAS card. I used a lovely image which I won in a challenge a while back from our lovely sponsors for this challenge. She's called Fairy Christmas and I think she's just perfect for Wendy's theme.


I used a digital paper from Pink Petticoat to create the snowfall backdrop and placed my image a little bit lower than the paper edge, to make it look like she's sitting in snow. I added some Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels in Diamond Sprinkles to the fairy's hat and to create the snow around her. It looks much better in reality than it does in photos, the camera doesn't capture the texture or light refraction properly, but it works really well for snow, white fur etc. I really like using it for these.


I was in a hurry to finish up my card, so there are a couple of things I've yet to do. I still need to add some liquid pearls to the pearls on her arms and I forgot to add a sentiment! So I'll pull one out and stamp it directly on the top left corner on the snowy background. I'll add a pic once I've done this. I mounted the image panel on white fun foam to add a bit of dimension and then added it to my top fold white base card. So, that's my crafty adventure for today. Extremely CAS, with just a little banner of La La Land snowflakes to finish the card.


I hope you enjoyed reading my journey to create this card and I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge. So I hope you'll come and join us for our 'Snowflakes' challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. It's our last challenge for the year! So do pop in on my awesome teamies, who've created some fabulous inspiration for the challenge. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Mod Squad: All That Glitters - Top 3!
Card Mania Challenge: #75 ~ Christmas
Creatalicious Challenges: #81 ~ Merry Christmas
Pile It On Challenge: #98 ~ Anything Christmas/Winter (ends 10/01)
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #59 Diecuts for Christmas
A Gem of a Challenge: #159 ~ Anything 'Christmas' Goes (ends 08/01)
The Ribbon Girl: December Card Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland: The Holly & The Ivy (Holly Wings on my fairy)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Holly Jolly Stamping (Christmas themed)
Passion For Promarkers: #326 ~ Christmas Challenge (Image ~ Promarkers) (ends 05/01)

Update: I won the gorgeous Ribbon prize from The Ribbon Girl challenge. So so gorgeous, thank you so much ladies and Merry Christmas!


Second Update: I made Top 3 on the Mod Squad challenge with this card. Thank you ladies. I'm so thrilled. 

Comments

Alison said…
Gorgeous fairy and you've coloured her so beautifully, Wends. I love the way she's sitting in the snow. Fab card and colour combo!!
Alison xx
Chris said…
Oh my goodness Wends, you sure can multi-task! You 'whipped' this up whilst feeding the five thousand???!! It's a fabulous make, beautiful colouring and a lovely CAS design. Love how you've positioned your pretty fairy, sitting in the snow!
Chris
x
Pat K said…
Gorgeous card Wends. I love all your makes and this one is no different. Fabulous background for this sassy image. Hope you are feeling better. hugs, Pat K xx
* Shell B.* said…
Beautifully done.....fab image! One of my recently done images lately too, you can see it here:
http://akstamping.blogspot.com/2015/12/fairy-christmas-to-you.html

Hugz Shell
Wendy said…
She's gorgeous Wends, beautifully coloured and designed, love that snowflake banner too! Hope you are feeling better!
Hugs
Wendy xx
Dewi Lestari said…
Stunning! Thanks for joining at Creatalicious: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi
O my Wends...What a gorgeous card...I just the image....she fab....and your CAS design shows her off so well....Joolsx
Gorgeous CAS card. The fairy is stunning and your colouring fabulous. Thank you for joining our challenge at Winter Wonderland this week.
Crafty hugs
Lesley
I'm impressed Wends, whipping up a gorgeous card whilst cooking a dinner for family and friends! Have a lovely weekend sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit
Maura said…
Love her holly leaf wings, Wendy! Beautifully colored!
Thanks for joining us this week for some holly jolly stamping at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!
Pamellia said…
Holy cow Wendy, this is gorgeous! Incredible work colouring that image, the shading is amazing!! I love the snowy background too, your image just pops!! hugs :)
Joyce Erb said…
She is gorgeous and I love the snow she is on. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judith said…
Just calling by to wish you a merry christmas - and to say I love this card! hugs Judith x
Ola (Ikemo) said…
So lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge
Helen said…
Lovely.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas challenges

Helen P (DT) x
The Crafty Den said…
Beautiful card Wendy. I love the image and your CAS layout looks gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Don't forget to come back on 5th Jan 2016 for our new challenge and to find out if you are one of our lucky winners. Hugs, Denise x
Eileen said…
What a gorgeous image and beautifully coloured. A fabulous almost CAS card with the addition of those lovely snowflakes. Thanks for joining in with our 'Let's Celebrate' Mega Christmas challenge, and good luck
Eileen x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy