Southern Girls ~ Patterned Paper

It's time for a new challenge at Southern Girls and we've a super easy one this fortnight. We want to see your 'Patterned Papers'. So that's pretty much anything goes, as long as you use patterned paper! How cool is that?!! I have such a thing for pretty paper, I have drawers bursting open with lovely papers. So this was not a difficult starting point for me, what was difficult, was narrowing down to which pretty paper to use!


We are being sponsored this challenge by three fabulous stamp companies, The PapernestPolkadoodles and All Dressed Up Stamps. So we will have three lucky winners this challenge. I was given a really fun and fabulous stamp from All Dressed Up to use for this challenge, so that helped me narrow down my paper choice. I've used Country Cowgirl for my creation, so it was pretty easy to choose the papers once I knew I was working with a country/cowgirl theme. I used a lovely bandana style paper as the main background paper. To be honest, with paper like that, you need very little else! I fussy cut around the design, to get the scalloped edge.


A while back, I bought some really lovely dies from Whimsy Stamps, which included some cowboy boots, a sheriff badge and horseshoe. So I diecut those from some brown paper that had cowboy ephemera (pale like a watermark) all over it and added them randomly down the left side with a little loop of string to look like a lasso. I added a hessian strip behind to ground the design and inked and embossed the sentiment. The sentiment is from a Whimsy Stamps set called It's Play Time


On the right hand side, I added a little metal trinket that I pulled off a hand soap pump recently. It reminded me a bit of the bolo ties you see Cowboys wearing, so I added a couple of charms to the long looped end that had fitted around the neck of the liquid soap and tied it off, then ran the tie across the back of the amulet and let the charms hang down by the aglets. The amulet is actually quite heavy, so I was worried that it would fall off the card, but my Pinflair Glue Gel is some seriously sticky stuff and it held fast within minutes of applying. I love working with that glue it's awesome and never lets me down. I added a circle of gray felt just to balance the felt doily I'd added on the other side. 


I've coloured the image with my Promarkers and paper pieced a little gingham shirt on her, because I just LOVE red gingham and I always think it looks good on 'Country' cards. She's such a cool looking chick. I kinda wanna hang out with her. LOL. My sister's business partner's daughter is a horse riding Kiwi country chick, so I've earmarked this for her next birthday. I hope she'll love it as much as I loved making it.


So that's my post for today folks. Y'all come back now ya hear? Hehe, just trying out the lingo. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, in the meantime, go check out the awesome makes my talented teamies have created for this challenge. Big hugs to y'all, Wends x

Ooh hey, nearly forgot to mention too, did you know Southern Girls are having a DT Call out right now? We are looking for some fun loving crafty pals to join our happy Southern Girls team. You can check out the DT Call here.

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Catz: #301 ~ Girls Only
The Ribbon Girl: Use Any Image
Dream Valley: #119 ~ Shaped Cards
613 Avenue Create: #150 ~ Anything Goes
Crafts & Me Challenge: Autumn/Fall Colours
All Dressed Up Challenge: #45 ~ Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge: #254 ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiment Challenges: #145 ~ Anything Goes + A Sentiment

Update: I WON the All Dressed Up Challenge. Thank you so much ladies. So looking forward to having some new ADU stamps to play with. 


Comments

Chris said…
Fabulous card Wends, cute cowgirl theme, fab image and colouring and her gingham shirt looks lovely! Your die cuts are perfect and you've added so much wonderful texture with the hessian strip, felt and lasso.
Chris
x
Unknown said…
Love the cowgirl theme on your card, fab image beautifully coloured. Great card layout and embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Dream Valley and we would love to see you again. Jennifer DT member X
Dawn T said…
Gorgeous Wendy. A really pretty card. Love the fabulous PP
Sarah said…
Yee haw!! Right up my street!! xx
coldwaters2 said…
Oh wow Wends this is a beauty what gorgeous papers and image the embellishments look fantastic, I love it
hugs
lorraine x
Hi Wends....Brilliant card.....love the image and the great details...Joolsx
Kat W said…
I have a love of pretty papers too...I guess all us crafters do and have tons of the stuff stashed away! The tricky bit is getting round to using it all and not just buying more and more!
I love your fab red paper and it suits the image perfectly, as do all those brilliant details...I adore the cute die cuts, the sweet lasso and that amazing amulet...awesome recycling there too :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.i love all your fantastic detailing and your image and colouring are stunning ;D

xx coops xx
Unknown said…
OMGoodness!! I LOVE this so much! This is my favorite All Dressed Up stamp, and I love all the fabulous western details you have added. It is just wonderful! Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up challenges.
Lisa J said…
So much detail in this! Great Card. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Aud Sentiments Challenge
Anet's Crafting said…
Wow love your shape card Wendy. Beautiful embellishments and layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at All Dressed Up. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx
AndreaNorris said…
Cool cowgirl card Wendy - love all those fabby cowgirl details
Andrea x
All Dressed Up DT
Sarah said…
There is nothing I love more than miniatures, and your card has it all! I love all the little details, the tiny rope and the charms and perfectly selected patterned papers. They all work together beautifully with your digi image :)
Bernadet said…
This is so gorgeous Webds.
Love the layout and the papers you've used.

Thanks so much for joining us at All Dressed Up!
Bernadet
*All Dressed Up DT*

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy