Fab 'n' Funky - Recycling

Hey there my lovely blogging buddies. I've had such a huge week again. I've just popped back from the airport and seeing off my baby brother and his beautiful wife for their big 'O.E', which is what Kiwi's call their 'gap year(s)'.  I just worked out my baby brother is the same age my hubby was when embarked on our big 'O.E' sixteen years ago. My how time flies. It brought back lots of lovely memories of our early days setting off on our travels and some bittersweet ones too, as my daddy was still alive then and I have lovely memories of him waving us goodbye at the airport.


I did find a few minutes today to do a very quick make for our latest challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. Our fab sponsor Bugaboo has very generously given all the DT stamps to work with and I love the one I used. It's a fab new image called Casual Girl. She's so tall and leggy! I just loved this when I saw it and thought it would make a great image for a long thin card. I've coloured the image with my trusty Promarkers.


Our lovely hostess for this challenge is Julieanne and she's chosen the theme 'Recycle or Upcycle'. I love to recycle and am a complete pain to my long-suffering husband as I want to recycle everything! Which means I hoard so much! My recycled element in my card, is the painted paper I've used in the background. My kiddies painted this together quite some time ago and it's done the rounds on family presents as wrapping paper several times. It's getting a bit tatty around the edges now, so I was inspired to give it a new purpose so upcycled it from wrapping paper to backing paper for this card.


In addition to my 'recycled' element, I also have some 'Never Before Used Schtuff', like the rainbow diamantés, which I've used on the corner and on the necklace. Also the little pink satin flower I've used, has been in my stash for at least 10 years! First outing, I swear! Far too long to have something and never have used it. The sentiment is brand new, straight out of the bag tonight and is from a Rosie's Studio set I picked up at a local craft store. Inside the card, I'll put the rest of the sentiment, which will read something along the lines of "So... eat the cake, buy the shoes and wear the diamonds!". I'll tinker till I get it right, but this works for my baby sis who's birthday it is today as she loves a bit of bling. She'll be getting this as soon as I manage to pop it in the post! (It's been that kind of year, seriously!)


Thanks for popping by today and seeing what I got up to with my 'Recycling' challenge. I hope you'll take up the challenge and have a go at crafting with something you've recycled. We'd love to see what you'd do. I'll be back again when I find another minute or two to craft. Have an awesome week. Hugs, Wends x

Update: Here's a pic with the little gift bag I made using the same recycled handmade wrapping paper my kiddies painted. I used my 'We R Memory Keepers' Gift Bag Punch Board to create it.


Finally, here's a pic of the sentiment which I put inside the card. It's computer generated using 'Word' and printed onto the final off-cut of the leftover wrapping paper to line the inside of the card.


Thanks for visiting today and do pop over to the Fab 'n' Funky blog to check out what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to too for this challenge. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
NBUS #5: Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl: September ~ Any Image
The ABC Challenge: R is for Recipe (Pink, Ribbon, Rhinestones/Diamantés)
Creative Inspirations Challenge: #327 ~ Your Favourite Occasion = Birthdays
Simons Says Monday Challenge: Love This Technique ~ The kids and I made wrapping paper using a large roll of kids craft paper and splashing it randomly and with utter abandon using watercolour ink to create the speckled random effect captured in the backing paper on this card.

Comments

Nannieflash said…
Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx
Pat K said…
Fabulous card Wends. Beautifully coloured, lovin the shape and pretty lace too. hugs, Pat K x
Jacee said…
Wonderful card, I do love the fabulous image!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
coldwaters2 said…
Beautiful card Wendy love that image so much also the wonderful colours and the little gift bag, brilliant bit of recycling.
hugs
lorraine x
NGCARDS said…
A fabulous card, what a great image! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx
Dawn T said…
beautifully done Wendy. Such a great image.
Alison said…
This is absolutely gorgeous, Wends. The image is fantastic with the sentiment and the wrapping paper painted by your kids is fab. I love the card shape too.
Alison xx
Brilliant card Wends...love the papers by your kids....and the gift bags....Joolsx
Elise said…
HI Wendy! ooooh .. this is such a STUNNING card set and I love the sweet colors! She's a beautiful image too! Wish I had hair like that .. hahaha! :)

ps .. I know what you mean about recycling everything .. lol! My hubby rolls his eyes most of the time. hahaha!

Big hugs,
Elise
Kat W said…
Ooooh, I like this a lot...so elegant and stylish. The image is great...wish I had her hair...and legs!

Your recycled paper is wonderful and a lovely final use for such a treasured personal item :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx
Nikki said…
Pretty card with a great image and lovely papers/colours. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy