Sweet Stampin' - Easter

Hey ya, time for another new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week we have the fabulous Funky Kits sponsoring us! Woop woop, home of the Sugar Nellie stamps (my favourites!!). So you know I hunted all through my Sugar Nellie stash to try and find a stamp for this make right? I mean 'hunted'!!! But nope, I don't have a single Easter themed Sugar Nellie and you'd think with the amount I own of these gorgeous stamps I could have found one right? Nope, nada, so clearly I'm going to have to go shopping!! LOL. So I've chosen a gorgeous Lili of the Valley for this make. 

16280356543_ebd6bdd067_o

I've had this gorgeous image for ages, so frankly it's about time it saw some ink and got used. I own far too many LOTV images that are yet to see ink! I just love this wistful image, so perfect for Spring and Easter. I wanted to add some 'fluff' to the bunnies tail but didn't have any white flowersoft, but I'll get some and use it next time. I kept the palette quite soft and muted, it just really appealed to me this way. So I've gone for moss green and earthy tones. I've used my Promarkers of course to colour. I used pale pink on the card to lift the image a bit. I used a really pretty paper pad from Prima called Fairy Belle which I'd used recently for another card, so it was still sitting on my craft desk and the tones on this 'Marcelle' page were perfect for this image. 

16278065064_4b5bb9733c_o

I have paper pieced the butterflies and a couple of the flowers for extra dimension and interest. There's also a pretty panel behind the image, which has the same satin ribbon as the bow, wrapped and sewn around it, sadly with all the embellishments you miss this! I didn't extend it right along, as I didn't want to cover the pretty paper on the right. There are a couple of images below that show my process. I didn't have enough left for a 'traditional' bow, so I stitched the ends together and did a running stitch to gather the middle in. I've not done this before and was really pleased with the result. I used the thread to add the charms.


I'm sending this card to my fabulous pal in Sweden, so I've paired it with a Bildmalarna Sentiment in Swedish which means Happy Easter. I was so sad when Bildmalarna announced they were closing. If you see any stamps about, snap 'em up while you can! Love their gorgeous images. I really must ink some up soon.

16693075777_f3b6cc6de6_o

So there's my finished card with the sentiment visible. I added a little stretched and torn baby wipe behind the image (it's what I clean my stamps with). One had gone dry and had barely any ink on it, so I was just playing and stretched and tore one, and quite liked how it came out, so I used it behind the image just as one would cheesecloth. I quite like the soft 'fluffy bunny' effect it adds. I used a lovely heart doily which I bought from Live & Love Crafts. Love that store. I also used 3 Magnolia Doohickey's which came with my Magnolia Doohickey Magazine. So loving these! The tulips and blossoms are from The Ribbon Girl and the 'LOVE' charm and glass heart are from stash. 


I hope you liked seeing my wee Easter make today and hope you'll come and join us at Sweet Stampin' this week for our Easter challenge. I'd love to see what you come up with and it's a fabulous Funky Kits prize! See you again soon. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Papertake Weekly: A Cut Above
I <3 Promarkers: #262 ~ Easter/Springtime
Meljen's Designs Challenges: #253 ~ Easter
Di's Digi Designs Challenge: Spring Is Here
Creative Corner Challenges: Spring Has Sprung
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Live & Love Crafts: #33 ~ Photo Inspiration Collage
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenges: March ~ Spring Colours
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges: #81 ~ Use A Diecut
Deep Ocean Challenge: #100 ~ Easter/Spring (Congrats on the 100th challenge!)

Update: I got a Top 6 mention at the Creative Corner Challenge. Thank you ladies!

Comments

Dawn T said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. Love LOTV stamps -not that I own any! but see them all the time in magazines.
coldwaters2 said…
Wow this is beautiful Wendy I love the image you have used he is so adorable, the design and embellishments are gorgeous, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x
Debs said…
Super cute card Wendy - such pretty details.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx
Tracey T said…
Fabulous soft colours, Wends. The overall effect looks like watercolour, so pretty. Love the creative use of the baby wipe too! Have a brilliant weekend xx
Wendy said…
This is gorgeous Wends, adorable image and fabulous details.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Jacee said…
So very pretty Wendy, lovely colours and I love all your detail, lovely work!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
Chris said…
Lovely card Wends! That bunny image is so cute and perfect for an Easter card! The design is gorgeous and I love the soft earthy palette with the touch of pink- beautiful!
Chris
x
Kat W said…
Hiya! Thanks for popping by my blog and for your lovely comments :-)

I came over to see what you have been making and fell in love with this gorgeous card - such pretty soft colours and cute LOTV image - I am a HUGE LOTV fan!

I look forward to seeing your CASEing of my apron card - a chef version sounds fab :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx
Judith said…
This is gorgeous Wends - I have that stamp stashed away somewhere - must hunt him out for a spring make before its too late! Lots of lovely die cuts and embellies - just so pretty! hugs Judith x
Mynn xx said…
Wends, this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the shabby feel and your beautiful image. SO soft and gorgeous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx
As.I.Do.Rodos. said…
Beautiful card love the image . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny x
Thordis said…
Your card is amazing! Love every single element on your card.... Beautiful work! Hugs xx
This is the most adorable bunny ever Wendy, it's an amazing card with lovely detailing and soft colours.

Love and hugs
Maarit
Sue said…
Wendy, this card is absolutely beautiful, I saw it on the LOTV Facebook page and thought I would visit you here to let you know how lovely I think it is. You have put everything on the card together so perfectly...
Sue...xxx
tanglemousecards.blogspot.co.uk
Elise said…
HI Wendy! Awwwww .. this image is just too sweet for words! An absolutely BEAUTIFUL creation yet again with lovely things tucked here and there .. it's just STUNNING!

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Big Hugs,
Elise
Pami said…
This is gorgeous Wendy, I love this sweet image! Pami x
Pami said…
This is gorgeous Wendy, I love this sweet image! Pami x
Pop's Cards said…
Good afternoon sweetie, this is STUNNING, I love your creation ♥ Hugs Pops x x x
Juls said…
Gorgeous, love the soft vintage look with the beautiful sepia colour tones hugs Juls xx
Unknown said…
Hi Wendy,
Oh that's sucha cute image. and pink & brown is a lovely colour combo. Adorable card! Thanks for joining LLC for our March challenge & Happy Easter!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts
cotnob said…
This is a beautiful card, such an adorable image.
Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
Pauline
x
I have Birthday candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy