Sweet Stampin' - One Layer or Lots of Layers

It's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week, we want to challenge you to either use only 'one layer' or to bring it on and 'layer up as much as possible'! So what's your preference, minimalist or fully loaded? I love them both! Oh the dilemma!! But actually, I've been poorly so I went for the 'easy option' and chose a single layer card. A single layer card, of course needs a 'fabulous image'!

15925449791_6e4084924f_o

I have loved these 'grown up' Anya's ever since I met them at The Greeting Farm and have a few now in my collection. This one I just love with her gorgeous strappy wedge heels and cutsie hair. She's called 'Anya Celebrates' and there are several others in this grown up Anya style too, just like her. She comes with two sentiment choices, I've used the one which fit my purpose best for this card. 

15996098533_4ba97e9f1d_o

I chose to do a really simple score line around the card to 'frame' the image and did the same around the sentiment to help it stand out. I'm not a doodler, I just can't do it with any degree of pizzazz, so I score. It works for me! I like the elegant understated finish it gives. The image was coloured with my Promarkers of course, and I've just 'grounded' it with a little grey under the feet. Voila, fini.

16417403030_a95d715ba4_o

Our sponsor for this challenge is one of my all time favourite craft stores - Live & Love Crafts. I shop with Sandy whenever I'm after the most delicious shabby chic papers, gorgeous laces, and delicious shabby chic embellishments. Which is more often than I should! But who can resist all that gorgeous Maja and Pion Design in one place? I'm not great at the shabby chic style myself at all, but I so love seeing others who do this style so well and I LOVE all the embellishments and papers. I just use them 'my way'. So if you've never discovered the 'treasure trove' that is Live & Love Crafts, go and have a look, you won't regret it!


Come and join in our Sweet Stampin' challenge and show us your preferred style - one or lots of layers? Do pop in to the blog and see what my talented teamies have been up to, there's plenty to inspire you on the blog today! Thanks for popping in here and see you again soon. Hugs, Wends x

Comments

Chris said…
Hi Wends, hope you're feeling better now!
Love this gorgeous CAS card, fabulous image and colouring and the scoring finishes it perfectly! Enjoy the weekend!
Chris
x
Jacee said…
Lovely CAS design, great colouring!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
Debs said…
Fabulous card Wendy - adorable image.
Hope you're feeling better.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx
She's so cute, love the way you grounded her, the scored lines make a nice frame, it's a gorgeous card.

Hope you're feeling better, take care sweetie.

Warm hugs
Maarit
coldwaters2 said…
Gorgeous CAS style card Wendy the image is a beauty I love it.
hugs
lorraine x
Tracey T said…
Such a lovely CAS design. Great colours too! Hugs, Tracey xx
Tracy said…
I really like how you used the scoring to add texture Wendy. Fabby job on that sweet image. Hugs!
Rachel said…
Super cute card Wendy, love your colouring.
Hope you're having a lovely week. xxx
Cass said…
Fabulous CAS card. xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy