A Rainy Auckland Day...

I'm sitting here on a rainy Auckland day, only the third rain we've seen in the month plus that we've been home and the scorched earth is breathing a sigh of relief. So I find myself drawn to updating my blog with a few pics of a project I did before leaving the UK.

I made this little card some time back with a sweet image from a set by Pergamano titled Flower Girls. I love these images, they're so sweet and wistful. This wee girly takes me back to childhood days sitting dreaming on the banks of my Grandparents river on their farm. Sweet days gone by. The little dragonfly comes as an extra stamp in the set, so I actually snuck him in again there, as he's just so sweet! His wings were glittered with Glitter Magic, for that little bit of bling. The sweet little fish was covered in Glossy Accents for a bit of sheen to his scales and some of the water drops were given this treatment too.

P1100435

I coloured the image with my trusty Promarkers in soft muted colours to keep that wistful feeling and I was delighted to find the lovely papers to go with the colours I'd chosen from Memory Box called SC-Veronica. I layered the image over a distressed postcard by Lili of the Valley called Grunge Postcard and added a Memory Box dragonfly die and finally a little string of beads and butterfly's which has been knocking about in my stash for a while and I had no clue how to use until I made this card! Perfect fit I think.

P1100434

Thanks for popping in on my rainy Auckland day. I hope you enjoyed your visit and I'll be back soon with some more cards. Hugs 'til then, Wends x

Comments

Sue said…
Hi Wendy
Your card is delightful. I love the sweet image. The colours are so soft and pretty and the string of butterflies look gorgeous.
Thank you so much for all the kind comments you have left on my recent creations.
Take care
hug Sue xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy