We're Here!

After months of planning and the angst associated, we have finally made our big move back to New Zealand. I have to say from the moment we landed, I knew we'd done the right thing. We arrived to the warm embrace of family who have missed us as we've missed them over the years. The weather here in Auckland is so hot right now, I feel like we're on a tropical holiday. A holiday we never have to go home from - bliss!!!

We're staying at my lovely brother's place, which sits on a hill overlooking the coast in West Central Auckland. So the native birds wake us in the morning with their lovely dawn chorus and the cicadas chirrup into the night. It's very idyllic here. Now we just have to find our own place and get really settled!

I'm missing my craft supplies, so I'm looking forward to our container arriving and having space to set up a little crafting corner. Can't wait to get back to it!! But until I can, I thought I'd go through some of my previous makes, which I haven't yet got around to posting.

I made a 40th birthday card before leaving the UK for one of my lovely Scottish friends. It was a quick make as we were packing up to leave the UK, so I had limited stash available to me. But I used a beautiful 'Lili of the Valley' die-cut image which I sprayed with a little glimmer mist and added some glossy accents on the star to add a little shine and sparkle.

P1100446

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the cheesecloth is from Live and Love Crafts. I coloured the bloom flourish and corner die with one of my Promarkers to make them a muted green shade so they would sit quietly in the mix. I was really pleased with how they came out. I think the corner die is a Cherry Lynn die, but can't quite remember, I'll have to double check when my stash finally arrives! I've used this image before, and really love it. Sadly I think it may have been retired from stock. So if you have one, lucky you! 

P1100443

Thanks for stopping by today. It's lovely to see you, especially from 'Down Under!'. Do stop by again!!

Big hugs from sunny New Zealand, Wends xxx

Comments

June Nelson said…
Wowser, hiya hunnie pleased your settled back in your native land, hope you survived the long trip, This is gorgeous darlin, so gently sparkly and femining, love it, big huggies Juen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I am glad you are enjoying being home again, I hope you get back to crafting super fast, you will have to facebook me chick so we can keep in touch huggles Pops x x x
Jane said…
Hey you're back! I love this image.....hope you get your stuff soon, I'd go crazy without my crafty space xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy