First Kiss

P1060534

I've made this card for one of my cousin's who got married just recently. It was a second wedding, so I wanted to go away from the traditional 'white wedding' images and rather focus on the celebration of 'true love' through the image. This 'Sarah Kay' image just captured all I wanted to convey perfectly. It's called 'First Kiss' and I just love the romantic yesteryear feel it has about it. It so reminds me of the late 70's and so made me think of my cousin as I associate my early memories of her with this era. I found some wonderfully romantic Joanna Sheen papers and have used three from her Haberdashery range on this card.

In keeping with the romantic theme, I used a heart-shaped doily which I had in my stash behind the image and some lovely cotton lace which I think I bought from Wild Orchid Crafts, as this is usually where I buy my lace. The Joanna Sheen papers had a lovely 'denim' paper in that pack, which I used to tie in the 'denim' in the picture. I'm quite happy with how that came out. The decorative corners I made myself with offcuts from border punching I did for the card. The top right hand corner I embellished with a heart punched out using the Martha Stewart 'Heart Lace' punch I also used for the blue lace mat.

I've been wanting to try using some fabric flowers I've had in my stash for a while. I haven't known quite how to make them work, as they had pearl embellished stamen making them bigger and difficult to fit in some floral sprays on other cards I'd tried  to work them into the design. I do think they work on this card though and add to the dreamy romantic feel of the card. The leaves are punched from the backing papers using a 'Punch Bunch' Rock Fern punch. I finished the card with some lovely charms I had in my stash, which I felt would go with my theme. I had a sweet puffy heart in my stash, the work 'LOVE' and a little book charm which reads 'Our Wedding Album'. I've collected my charms from all sorts of places and have a  good selection. I thought this little wedding album charm would finish the charm trio perfectly and I love the way the three look together. I buy most of my charms these days from MeiFlower. They have a great selection of well priced charms for card making and scrapbooking. My final touch was a butterfly, which I finished with a brad I squashed to make the butterfly's head and body. I hadn't tried that before, but thought it looked like fun and it was! Thanks for reading today x

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy