Thanks my Forever Friend

Here's a fun little card that I made as a thank you card for a dear friend's daddy who gave us a completely wonderful and utterly unexpected present this Christmas. It will be a wonderful 'heirloom' piece which will forever remind me of him and of my lovely pal. So I wanted to express my thanks, but wanted it to be a 'manly' card. Not so ofay with boys cards, this is what I came up with.

P1060301

I had a sweet Forever Friends decoupage image knocking around my craft stash, so thought this was a lovely place to start the card as the image is just so sweet with the daisies and I thought fitted my intention perfectly. In my attempt to 'masculanize' the card, I used brown to mat the image and also to mat the pretty soft yellow background paper. I love the spellbinders 'Lacey Ovals' die. It is just such a lovely mat to use for oval images. The oval shapes were not a perfect match, but I think it actually works quite well. The lovely soft lemon papers were from a magazine giveaway. I'll have to hunt down the exact origin. So more on that later. A simple finish with the green flat back pearls which tied in with the green flower stems and voila, done. A simple card, yet I love it. I think it's sweet simplicity is it's charm. Let me know what you think and thanks for visiting today x

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy